2022 THEOLOGY & PEACE GATHERING
AT THE FRONTIERS OF MIMESIS & SPIRIT
NOVEMBER 14-17, SCARRITT BENNETT CENTER, NASHVILLE
Sessions and topics include:
- REUNION DINNER, Monday night at Scarritt Bennett.
- CINEMA DIVINA: RED JOAN (2018).
- A discussion of JULIA ROBINSON MOORE’s “The Frontier of Race in Mimetic Theory: American Lynchings and Racial Violence.
- A discussion of ANTHONY BARTLETT’S, Signs of Change: The Bible’s Evolution of Divine Nonviolence (2022).
- REBECCA ADAMS’ reflection on RAYMUND SCHWAGER.
- VISIT to THISTLE FARMS.
- A FIELD TRIP to one of the historic sites in DOWNTOWN NASHVILLE.
- An evening out at the HONKY TONKS on Broadway!
- A session for sharing our individual and collective endeavors during the pandemic years.
- WORSHIP SERVICE commemorating what we have lost and all we have yet to hope for.
- A VISION SESSION: How do we, THEOLOGY & PEACE, being informed by RENÉ GIRARD‘s MIMETIC THEORY and inspired by the HOLY SPIRIT, envision our role amidst the crises of contagion gripping our planet?
- MIND & BODY EXERCISE for relaxation and restoration.
- DAILY CENTERING PRAYER.
- ALL MEALS, Monday dinner through Thursday morning breakfast (except for dinner Wednesday night during our Honky Tonk excursion).
ALL SESSIONS & MEALS at SCARRITT BENNETT (online or in person): FREE! Made possible by a generous grant from RAVEN FOUNDATION.
OVERNIGHT LODGING at SCARRITT BENNET: $255 PAYABLE TO THEOLOGY & PEACE. Includes three nights in a private room that shares a bathroom with one adjoining room. (SEE PAYPAL BUTTON BELOW)
Those who would like to request a discount for lodging, please indicate this when you register below. Discounts will be awarded from the portion of the RAVEN grant that remains unused (only if a surplus remains).
The THEOLOGY & PEACE GATHERING starts with dinner Monday evening and concludes Thursday at noon.
QUESTIONS? Email Sue Wright at email@example.com