Vern Neufeld Redekop, PhD, is Professor Emeritus of Conflict Studies at Saint Paul University, Ottawa, Canada. He is a prior presenter for the Theology & Peace Conference and a long time member of the Colloquium on Violence & Religion. He has written extensively on René Girard and the implications of Mimetic Theory for peace studies, for police reform, for conflict reconciliation and community building. He and his wife, Gloria, have recently published a book, which you may purchase. See the discount code below.
A pdf of Vern’s book From Violence to Blessing: open
- Chapters 3 and 4 are on Girard.
- Chapter 8 develops mimetic structures of violence and entrenchment.
- Chapter 12 includes an account from Rebecca on how she discovers Loving Mimesis and develops mimetic structures of blessing and transcendence.
- The correct graphic for the chapter on Ethnonationalism.
An occasional paper from 1993, “Scapegoats, the Bible, and Criminal Justice”:
Interacting with René Girard” is included. It is there that Vern develops Girard’s concepts of violence of indifferentiation and violence of differentiation and introduce blessing of differentiation and blessing of indifferentiation.
A link to the article on Rebecca Adams by Matthew Taylor in which he challenges Loving Mimesis Girardian scholars to come up with more examples: https://www.academia.edu/38790661/Rebecca_Adams_Model_of_Loving_Mimesis_An_Overview_and_Assessment_Draft_?email_work_card=view-paper
Flyer for Awakening: Exploring Spirituality, Emergent Creativity, and Reconciliation is attached: open
The book that Gloria and I just submitted for publication is the sequel: Transforming: Applying Spirituality, Emergent Creativity, and Reconciliation.
YouTube Lectures of Vern Neufeld Redekop:
- From Violence to Blessing: http://youtu.be/FEnc3a8QwvM
- Integrative Peacebuilding: https://youtu.be/PxyQy0Hj0LU
- Emergent creativity: https://youtu.be/S-i5G7qjQCE
- So you want to write a thesis…: http://youtu.be/MVwOiC0C_yY
- Social Reconciliation: http://youtu.be/fB823B64Bg4
- Forgiveness and Peacebuilding: https://youtu.be/S-wHTYK6Cyg
- Ethical Vision for Economic Development: https://youtu.be/Xm4hWUt6bUk
- Mindfulness for Peace and Reconciliation: https://youtu.be/mJx4M7siYWc
- Lateral Violence: https://youtu.be/yCKjgm6nV94
- Human Identity Needs: https://youtu.be/5leg9z1w8ME
Getting people out of their silos to work creatively on shared peacebuilding goals: https://link.growkudos.com/1s3p25mopa8